Responding to this -webkit to the rescue with place holders remaining visible until the user starts to type – at this point they know what they are typing and no longer require the label. leverage Jetpack for extra functionality and Local a decision I'm very happy with. Saying that they didn’t realize what it was or that they could begin typing. I don’t have much of a preference anymore. 3. Making the text lighter provides that change. I’ve always done that with jQuery before but I’ll definitely be using this method from now on. If we give them a half a second where the placeholder is still visible and another half a second to fade it away, that is likely enough for them to understand the hint that the placeholder was giving them. So then designers/developers think ah ha we could dispense with the label and save a handy bit of space for our mobile phone view to boot. I think adding a fade or delay then fade or change of colour (elegant though they first appear) will only add to the confusion as it adds a further pattern which users aren’t used to.

A typical placeholder already has lower-than-average contrast. They have courses on all the most important front-end technologies, from React to CSS, from Vue to D3, and beyond with Node.js and Full Stack. What if I typed a few characters myself? I’d be willing to bet they don’t realize the field is active without a clear visual change.

Shared components used by Firefox and other Mozilla software, including handling of Web content; Gecko, HTML, CSS, layout, DOM, scripts, images, networking, etc.

You don’t have to worry if the transition is too quick or disorienting.

I use this solution for a Wordpress form with contact-form-7 plugin. The :placeholder-shown CSS pseudo-class represents any or