laurie anderson big science review

Irre. Remarkable. I was reminded about this album when I saw the t-mobile commercial about the HTC phone. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Eine Person fand diese Informationen hilfreich, Rezension aus dem Vereinigten Königreich vom 16.

You will hear it the way it was intended. Ihre zuletzt angesehenen Artikel und besonderen Empfehlungen.

For being so 'experimental', i'm surprised how comfy and relaxing this album really is. Laurie Anderson was Avant garde from back there somewhere in the '80s. Hooray!

can i just say that if you interpret let x=x as an anti-pc song that says way more about u than anything else, O Superman reminds me of the beat to Baby I’m Bleeding by JPEGmafia.

Marble eye'd, seeing outside the Mayonnaise Jar. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. On the surface, it would seem like a typical move on his part ... clearly I only deserve the stuff that he no longer wanted. First off, I must ask, for those that somehow heard an LSD influence on here, you must be joking or we are not listening to the same album? Female Vocal albums everyone (I) should hear, Post your 10 best 4.5s and what's keeping them from being 5s. Januar 2020.

Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Prime-Mitglieder genießen Zugang zu schnellem und kostenlosem Versand, tausenden Filmen und Serienepisoden mit Prime Video und vielen weiteren exklusiven Vorteilen. J'ai une fameuse imagination quand je dors, je vous le fait pas dire. Wir brauchen 80.000 Stück bis nächste Woche", liess London verlauten.

synthesizer, percussion, sticks, electronics, b-flat clarinet, e-flat clarinet, bass clarinet, bassoon, baritone saxophone, Farfisa, vocoder, claps, synthesizer, marimba. Der sorgfältige Umgang mit Ihren persönlichen Informationen ist uns sehr wichtig.

I get what she's doing. What are the most "ahead of their time" albums? I have had it on every format you can get, except 8 track... And I have my Vinyl too still and listen regularly. Her sensibilities are sharp and funny.

Be respectful!

Sometimes they are heavy and sometimes they are thought provoking and sometimes they are just silly and sometimes they are all three at once, for example, on the title track, in which she says "You know, I think we should put some Mountains here. I appreciate it but I can't say that I love it or like it all that much as yet. Perhaps I'm just not intelligent enough to grasp her concept here but I don't get it. It's an acquired taste, I assure you, but once you sort of relax and start really listening, you will start to see her genius.

Albums with a spooky, cold war-era aesthetic, Try to predict the next 5 stars of the user above, Classic Songs/Albums in english language which do only "work" when you understand the lyrics, NPR lists their top 150 albums made by women, Looking for band or genre with mixed electronic and acoustic. Leider ist ein Problem beim Speichern Ihrer Cookie-Einstellungen aufgetreten. Thank you Laurie for making me want to listen, to participate. "O Superman", "Example #22" "Let X=X" all five star songs, all coming from astounding mystery places. Especially with the title track, O Superman and the closer. Brilliant cd. Big Science is one of my favourite Laurie Anderson albums, possibly because it was my first encounter with her music, but mainly because of the raw simplicity underlying the technology. Und was man sich heute im Zeitalter all der Casting-Stars in den Charts kaum vorstellen kann ist die Tatsache, daß der Song "O superman" sogar die Nr.1 der britischen Charts erklomm. Essentially an edited extract from United States - a truly epic spoken word, music and performance art piece eventually issued in a 5-LP/4CD set some years after this came out - it's an … Rate an album in a 0 to 10 scale of how depressive, tragic gloomy, dark and sad it is, Pick an album & post your favourite line of each song. I was hooked by the music of Laurie Anderson after two "ah-ahs" of "O Superman" when I first heard it on the radio played by the wonderful John Peel late one night. temporär gesenkter USt. Don't use this space to complain about the average rating, chart position, genre voting, others' reviews or ratings, or errors on the page. Albums that sound "off" or "cursed", like Kid A?

Genres: Art Pop, Experimental.

Reviewed in the United States on May 25, 2012.

The veteran performance artist applied new rigor and insight to minimalist music-making with this influential work, a paired-down version of her theater piece United States. This is a phenomenal experience. Sicher aber ist "Big science" eines der innovativisten Alben des Jahres 1982 gewesen. Otherwise, what are the characters going to fall off of?" This is one of those 'respect more than like' things for me. --Bill Holdship. Laurie Anderson's "Big Science" LP is a record I hadn't even heard about until it was mentioned during an "Amoeba Record's 'What's in your bag?'"

1982 als das Computerzeitalter endgültig auch in die Musikwelt einzog erschien das Album "BIG SCIENCE" und ließ selbst alle die bisher mit dieser Art von Musik zu tun hatten sehr blaß aussehen. Any spoilers should be placed in spoiler tags as such. Es ist nicht zum Tanzen, nicht zum Mitsingen und sicher auch nicht für Parties geeignet. A creative duo. youtube video featuring recording artist EMA. Und dennoch: Wie der Rockkritiker J. D. Considine bereits sagte, stehen ihre Kompositionen dem Theater näher als der Musik.

Ein avantgardistischer Zeitsprung nach 1981 (und 2001). and I was surprised to see that there were videos on this disc.

Faszinierend. To rate, slide your finger across the stars from left to right.

What Bible Do Armenians Use, A Round With Radar Louis Oosthuizen, Pakistan Pronunciation Audio, I'm Still Learning In Japanese, Peripheral Artery Disease Treatment, Grand China Maspeth Menu, Maisie 100% Hotter Last Name, Rand Mcnally Maps Pdf, Kitsune Roblox, Amp-form Textarea, Rockafella Clothing, Joyo D-seed 1 Vs 2, Uluru Weather August, Chopsticks China Bistro, Newnan, Ga, Ganja International Airport Destroyed, Perfect Chinese Restaurant, Ben Hogan Grip, Asia Cup 2014 Points Table, Contact Form 7 Hacked, Baldwin River Canoe, Real Life Resistors, Run Lola Run Film Techniques, Spca Cat Adoption, Brooks Ravenna Men's Size 11, March Month Meaning, Thank You For Believing In Me Boss, Associated Grocers Of The South Careers, Btcl Application Form, Hotone Vow Press Vs Soul Press, Fleet Post Office Meaning, Gdp Deflator Formula, James C Hunter Jobs, The Ghost And The Whale Bipolar Disorder, Wellington New Zealand Map, Jobs In Gothenburg Sweden, Minecraft Seed Map, Upbeat Songs, How To Load Test A Portable Generator, Iran News Channel List, Project Management Tools And Techniques, 1 Ohm Is Equal To How Many Megohm, Contact Form 7 Smtp Gmail, Sakura Grandville, Wild Bill Hickok, Grace Towie Instagram, Hospital Bill Sample Pdf, Labor Day Quotes 2018, Standard Lux Level Chart, We Are The World Cast, Role Of Atp A Level, Memorial Day Games Online, Comeback Examples, Sushi Factory Philips Highway Jacksonville Fl, Entergy Electric, Cia Course, Dual Audio App, Short Funny Dog Videos, Adguard With Nordvpn, Dte Seating Chart, The Game Albums, Sam Underwood Net Worth, Kamakura Sushi, Wagaya Honolulu, Edward Hibbert Mary Poppins Returns, Tri Valley Animal Rescue, Pokemon Based On Greek Mythology, Stack-on Gun Cabinet Replacement Lock, Tasting Menu Athens, South Sudan Civil War, Lee Westwood Career Earnings Pga Tour, Amy Hennig Next Game, Dte Dividend 2019, Barnyard Dawg, Rome Clay, The Mule Edmond Menu, Edith Piaf Song About Paris, How To Pronounce H O P S C O T C H, Branden Grace Net Worth, We Are Not The Same I Am A Martian Meaning, Lee Westwood Career Earnings, East Coast Thunder 2019, Ahora Soy El Malo Lyrics English, Power Amp Vst, Computer Composition Pdf, Gypsy Queen Food Truck Menu, You Can Have My Heart Lyrics, How Many Amps Does A Fridge Use, Serial Killa Lyrics, Joyo American Sound Into Amp, The Red House Building, Words That Go With Blue,