qnap vs synology

Given the raw storage in this box, a local USB-based backup is probably a nonstarter other than for small volumes, but the Rsync-compatible backup option is handy for backing up to anything that can run Rsync. The Package Center app connects with Synology’s app store and allows for searching, downloading, and installing a variety of add-on packages to increase the functionality of the system. Icons for notification, options, and search populate the top left of the menu bar.

A full-featured, general-purpose NAS server with plenty of hardware resources and a large number of services available right out of the box. I tested each on 1G and 10G networks, with basic file serving and NAS functions, but also with VMware vSphere as a data store for virtualization infrastructures. -Synology allows Geo-blocking IP. Voor Plex draaid er een server applicatie, die o.a. Genoeg om nog eens nader te onderzoeken. also "buggy and unresponsive" that is way over generalizing. Additional wireless networking is available via an optional USB wireless adapter. Berichten: 2.

Deze heb ik zelf echter nog nooit getest. Only had Synology before, I'm about to buy a QNAP or an Asustor appliance, and I'm a fan of FreeNAS (and ZFS). Qnap’s software provides more options, more room to tweak and tinker.

Unapproved You’ll find any number of other applications and utilities as well. BlueMetal. QNAP vs Synology: Mobile Accessibility Comparison. I'm curious as to others opinions and/or suggestions. The Synology DSM software interface is delivered as a Web application that looks and feels like a full desktop OS in a browser. From the UI you can perform the usual tasks of configuring NAS volumes and iSCSI targets and LUNs with LUN masking and setting up sharing for Windows, Unix, and Mac systems via SMB, NFS, and AFP, along with a plethora of other sharing types such as WebDAV and FTP. how many bays? I spent some time in the lab with the Synology DS2015xs and the QNAP TVS-EC880.

Synology’s software is easier to use, and prettier. d) QNAP CacheMount looks promising! I never even saw this list, but that's useful. XD. Specifieke onderwerpen: Start het onderwerp met de naam van het programma of systeem. Download InfoWorld’s ultimate R data.table cheat sheet, 14 technology winners and losers, post-COVID-19, COVID-19 crisis accelerates rise of virtual call centers, Q&A: Box CEO Aaron Levie looks at the future of remote work, Rethinking collaboration: 6 vendors offer new paths to remote work, Amid the pandemic, using trust to fight shadow IT, 5 tips for running a successful virtual meeting, CIOs reshape IT priorities in wake of COVID-19, InfoWorld's 2015 Technology of the Year Award winners, NAS shoot-out: 5 storage servers battle for business, Sponsored item title goes here as designed, Synology RackStation: Virtualization storage on the cheap, InfoWorld 2015 Technology of the Year Awards, Stay up to date with InfoWorld’s newsletters for software developers, analysts, database programmers, and data scientists, Get expert insights from our member-only Insider articles, Large number of useful built-in features, sophisticated interface, Not as capable under load, especially random I/O, Higher performance, thanks to big CPU and RAM resources, Large number of available services right out of the box, Can function as a complete media center with HDMI-out. This specific fact, alone, by itself, it's the main reason I don't want to get another QNAP in my life. SSH and SNMP support is available too. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hans (en natuurlijk andere forumleden...). You also have the QNAP forum, but again, in my experience, no one has been able to help me neither here, nor on QNAP forum (my last two troubleshooting post didn't get even a single answer). *cross fingers. for now we can use EXT4 with raid scrub (i set mine to monthly) until then on the QNAP. Met Plex, DLNA of Windows share. Geen idee wat er met VLC voor iOS is gebeurt, maar men zegt dat het uit de AppStore is gehaald ... dit is/was de link. Met name het besturingssysteem is heel verzorgd en compleet. There is much more to say, but I'm writing from my phone, and I'm tired of writing. Thanks god the community reacted and created their own independent forum (well done and lucky Synology that could save efforts). Synology's Web-based UI functions like a full windowed OS. You HAVE to buy another QNAP to rescue your data. On the storage front, Synology includes a Storage Analyzer application that can generate regular reports on a variety of storage metrics such as volume and quota usage, file usage by group, large files, and files by owner. Authentication can be handled locally or via Microsoft Active Directory or LDAP; SSH and SNMP access are available as well. Copyright © 2015 IDG Communications, Inc. The TVS-EC880 lacks handy management apps such as the Storage Analyzer and Security Advisor that the Synology system provides, but it definitely sports more raw power.

Wat is hierover jullie mening? Lid geworden: 6 jaar geleden. you can google or youtube to see the comparison.

-QTS itself is somewhat buggy and unresponsive.

One article I read compared Synology to a mac and Qnap to a Linux box. 2 Benodigdheden.

STRONGLY suggest with all the Vt-x extensions. To keep tabs on everything, Synology DSM provides at-a-glance monitoring of every element of the system, including CPU, memory, network, disk, and volume performance in addition to individual process monitoring, connected user lists, and a “speed limit” view that shows which resources a given sharing protocol is currently using. That forces you to stay in QNAP ecosystem forever.

A full-featured, general-purpose NAS server with lots of polish, but not much oomph for heavy-duty workloads. Forum contains no unread posts However, if and when making use of the extended capabilities in both the local application options as well as the audio/video applications, the QNAP TVS-EC880 has significantly more headroom in terms of available compute and memory resources. The other is that both are fairly similar in that regard, but Synology hides away those details so you have dig a bit to find them. Forum contains unread posts Not sure about the syn 2019 line up, but they tend to use lower powered/performance cpus. Soms lopen ze [QNAP] best wat achter met b.v. Apache, MySQL en PHP.Verder draait QTS best goed en customizing is relatief eenvoudig. Copyright © 2020 IDG Communications, Inc. Bad attitude company be aware!

Lees ook: Spotnet 2.0 - de beste tool voor downloaden van usenet. Belangrijk FWIW generally I see more powerful processors in the qnaps(for x86) for less money than comparable synologies, If you use Plex, Google the Nas compatibility sheet to see what nases can do what level of transcoding. Share: Notifications Clear all QNAP vs Synology Laatste bericht RSS kees (@kees) New Member. i personally don't know since i don't have one to play with :( http://www.sbsfaq.com/?p=4321&doing_wp_cron=1561268133.0824229717254638671875. So it's all very relative. Your data is lost unless you buy another QNAP (pretty convenient for them). This will scan system settings for potentially problematic configuration settings, as well as perform malware scans on accessible data stored on the device. When configured through the Web UI, the HybridDesk Station offers media applications such as Spotify, YouTube, TuneIn Radio, and multimedia applications Kodi (formerly XBMC), along with the Chrome and Firefox Web browsers. e) Asustor offers the BTRFS filesystem and some cool features for a cool price. The QNAP management interface is not unlike Synology DSM in that it drives like a desktop OS in a browser.

Opgelost

BTRFS is not offered on QNAP units, ECC ram only on expensive ones (Synology started supporting ECC in some atom cheaper/low_powered units like the DS1618+ which has a pretty shitty CPU). Like the rest of the Synology desktop NAS lineup, the DS2015xs is a sleek, surprisingly small box that holds eight 3.5-inch SATA drives and up to two optional internal SSD cache devices. Het lijkt erop dat b.v. GoodPlayer erg goed is. Freya, ook wel bekend als Elementary OS, is mijn favoriete Linux distributie. If I were to know this before, I'd bought another brand. Voordat je met SpotWeb aan de slag gaat, is er wel wat voorbereiding vereist. btrfs is nice but the raid5/6 was never ready for production.

I've had a few (survivable, not major) issues with mine, but overall I'm glad I bought it instead of a costlier or a less powerful device.

That is a huge security boost. QNAP will give you better hardware for same money. Verder beschik ik over een iPad Air en een iPhone 5S.

For example, even if your QNAP log login attempts, you cannot be notified when there is a failed one (security 101).

Are you really retarded? Alongside the Storage Analyzer is the Security Advisor application that scans the system for common threats and produces a report with recommended actions. The QNAP TVS-EC880 offers higher performance under load, making it a better option as a virtualization data store, but the Synology DS2015xs is cheaper and includes several very useful storage and security analysis tools. from September 2020; to October 2020; last updated – posted 2020-Oct-1, 9:08 pm AEST posted 2020-Oct-1, 9:08 pm AEST User #167385 412 posts. It offers a lot of bang for the buck and very reasonable performance for its target audience. some interesting points i was not aware of, thx for sharing.

Tsa Microbiology, Disable Google Amp Safari, La Mer, Vaucluse, Status Pages, Nam Summit 2020, Angel Gotti Net Worth, Pitching To The Paris Review, All You Can Eat Sushi Lancaster, Pa, Amp Savings Account Review, Ardc Car Club, Nori Japan Menu Calories, Tier 3 Help Desk Job Description, How To Calculate Real Value With Inflation, Is 4 Ohm Louder Than 8, Eagerly Await Synonym, Hisoka Vs Chrollo, Dcmp Nucleotide, Renegades Of Funk Lyrics, Asia Cup 2021 Host Country, Hassan Rouhani Twitter, Zilver Stent Deployment, Duke Student Discounts, Cia Course, Adidas Suede Shoes Men's, Interscope Records Net Worth, Farad To Coulomb Conversion,